CARE & CLEANING
v Furniture items
· Our frames are made of solid rattan, which is extremely durable and can last for generations if taken care of properly. All items are handwoven, please allow for up to a 1"" variance on all pieces.
· You can add our protective finish to any furniture item. It provides an extra layer of longevity and protection to the rattan. This does not change the look or feel of the item and does not waterproof the item.
· Rattan is an indoor/outdoor material, and it is suitable for outdoors if on a covered porch whether open air or screened in. It is not suitable for full exposure outside in the elements.
· Small, grass-like strands may protrude from the woven rattan. Do not pull on them as doing so may damage the rattan peel. Instead, carefully trim the loose fibers with scissors.
· If left in the direct sunlight, rattan can dry out and potentially crack. To prevent this, moisten the rattan every month using a lightly damp white cotton cloth and let dry naturally.
· If used outdoors on a covered porch, rattan ages and will take on a more muted shade. To preserve its original color and beauty, avoid exposure to the sun.
· Avoid putting undue stress (like standing or kneeling) on wicker rattan.
· Blot spills immediately with a damp cloth. Do not rub the soiled area. Gently dab and blot instead, allowing remaining moisture to dry naturally. Rubbing can cause abrasions, permanently damaging the rattan.
· For harder to remove stains, use a soft brush and mild soapy water and rinse well. Then let it dry naturally. Avoid the use of cleaners and abrasives, as these will damage the rattan.
· For dusting, vacuum the rattan weaves periodically using a soft brush attachment or comb the surface with a soft bristle brush. This can help dislodge and remove some of the debris left behind in between the weaves. Dust rattan poles with a soft cloth.
· For best results, vacuum regularly on a on a low setting. Do not use the rotating beater brush. The bristled brush digs into the fibers and may damage your rug.
· Blot spills immediately with a clean, dry cloth.
· Spot clean with mild detergent if needed, occasional professional cleaning may be required.
· Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
· If the rug gets wet, place it on a flat surface to air dry.
· Do not pull on loose ends. Either tuck back or snip with scissors and knot ends.
· Spot clean with a soft, damp cloth. Blot excess water and air dry.
· For any and all questions on our care and cleaning for our cushions please visit the Sunbrella website. www.sunbrella.com